Day 8 (no more dams)

 Day 8

we got to sleep in a little today, we were woken up around 8:30 and got ready for breakfast. I really wanted to dunk my head this morning so I went over to the river woke myself up and got my hair nice and wet so that I could brush it and get it ready for the day. Sucks to be Juan because the very first breakfast after he leaves, we got eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, bagels, and English muffins. keep in mind the last week it's been nothing but cereal, maybe a sandwich or snacks for breakfast; so, this was very healing and I definitely made sure to eat enough to put me into a food coma when I got in the car. As we were all eating and Monette was finishing up, she had run out of coffee, I guess the class is really drinking coffee now, it was just me and Monette the first few days. I offered to help brew another, but both her stove tops were being used up so she unfortunately did not get her fix until all the food was done.

After breakfast we packed up the car and went over to visit the Hueston falls. It was such a pretty site, and we were told that people tend to raft down the falls. I also saw lots of signs and beams covered in stickers, and I just love this it always feels like a group are piece, a collage made by multiple people.



northwestern park was the next place we visited and wow was it pretty. This area was once covered in water due to the dam and is now properly able to flow and grow plants the way it once did. we initially got 30 minutes to explore but when time was up and I started heading back, I ran into Jessica's group who were unaware that it was already time, so we got extended to another 30 minutes. I saw so many beautiful plants and butterflies. There was a beautiful bench with a scenic view of the river with little mailboxes, inside this little treasure chest were notebooks left by people who have stopped by and i read a few of these pages and left one of my own for the next person to read. 



 Our final destination was the conduit dam removal site, we had a cliff view of the river, and it was just breath taking. there was only so much to see and do here, but what was available to me was just so wow. The trail that took us to a cliff that allowed us to look at the river was very steep and we had to make sure we only walked the path as anything could be risky. This journey felt so surreal to me, I felt like if I was in Pokémon and I had to take this completely random route to find a special Pokémon.  I really wish i was able to find a way down to the river for a closer look, but we only had so much time and i had to respect the rules and not put myself or others in harm's way.


After a day of really connecting with nature we went back to the Glenwood station from yesterday because the hotel/motel in the back was owned by Corbin "it's always your fault". And oh, my lawd, Top tier shower! Sure, this is not an easily accessible shower like our first campsite but an actual indoors shower was just beautiful. Unfortunately, I did have to wary of the time and make sure I was quick as all 7 students and 3 chaperones were all using the same shower. They boys, Monette and Salvador are all showered up so now we are heading to camp while Jessica and the rest of the girls stay behind to shower, meanwhile we are heading to camp to get dinner ready.

When we returned to camp, we waited for Monette to get herself ready for our help and so we got to know Dave [insert last name], our guest for the night and tomorrow’s activity. Dave is mathematician who has grown to love the outdoors over the years, and I hear loves to help this class with activities over the years, but we will unfortunately only have the next 24 hours with him, so I hope he’s ready because we’re gonna milk him for all he’s got.

For dinner we prepared Brough worth and all the condiments people may want, grilled onion, cheese, bacon, cream cheese, sourcought, etc. Jessica car arrived as we were eating and so they were able to join us. The 1st group got to cleaning up camp and the 2nd group washed dishes. After that we took a little break while we waited for everyone to be ready and we got to know Dave a little, and let him get know us and our experiences on this trip.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1(PTBR begins)

Day 1 blog (Heritage University)

Day 2 (visiting the Spokane fishery and playing in the dirt)