Goodbye Wellpinit tribe of Indians reservation
Wellpinit's Spokane tribe of Indians reservation review
The vibe/atmosphere
After a few nights here I feel very refreshed. It felt nice to disconnect myself from all the comforts of home and reconnect with the sounds of nature. When we arrived, I was greeted by prairie dogs running around everywhere and I am glad they didn't just disappear after the first day because it became a highlight of returning to camp after a long day and seeing the little guys running around. We were told we may see deer and moose, but I didn't see or hear anything. Our simple campground circle with trees around us was just what I needed. I spent all three nights embracing the campground and all the sounds id hear in the night, I determined there has so be a farm nearby because day 1 I heard a horse all night 😑 and day 2 I heard a faint cow in the distance. The nights here were so peaceful and yet felt so spooky at times just because those trees get really dark at night and it was just so silent. 10/10 in atmosphere.
Bathroom review
The worst part was arriving and having to wait for someone to come unlock them for us. Asides from that they were great. Obviously, bathrooms in a campground/ park can only be so nice, but I've definitely been in worse situations 😷. The showers however were amazing, private shower rooms instead of communal showers, and we had open access to them whenever we wanted too, i can take a morning shower if i get up early enough, i can take a shower after our field activity, the convenience was nice enough but personal showers with working hot and cold water was the best.
Camp meals
Every morning we started with breakfast, breakfast was an assortment of cereals bananas, blueberry's, some croissants, and for beverages we had coffee, tea, crystal light hydration drinks and of course our waters. Along with breakfast all of our lunch supplies were out too, if that spoke to you instead. after breakfast we would pack our own lunches, lunches were whatever sandwich we wanted to make with the different deli meats, cheeses, peanut butter, jelly, and condiments. Along with that we had the entire Costco snack isle, we had so much variety that there had to be something that you liked on that table. as we had to eat our lunches out on the field we only need to pack what we're going to eat since dinner will start being prepared around 6. Day 1 we had burgers, potato salad with a makeshift salad (lettuce and carrots 💪😤), day 2 we had a chicken alfredo pasta with garlic bread, steamed broccoli and carrots (SO GOOD 😋😩), for day 3 we had we had al pastor tacos and tacos de asada and they soooooo good, big shout out to Monette for being our Gordon Ramsey, she supplied us with delicious warm meals💗💗💗.
Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here and am excited to see the next campsite. Big thank you to the tribe for allowing us to stay, I cannot speak for everyone, but I made my best effort to leave the site just as I found it, no trash left behind.
Comments
Post a Comment