Harris Park review

 Harris Park review

The atmosphere

We arrived at Harris Park on Wednesday, and I was immediately off put by it being a family campground with campsites being roughly 15-20 square feet each I thought it wasn’t going to be as fun; however, it was so quiet and peaceful the people were nice. We had a beautiful river that right by us no more loud farm animals. We arrived on a Wednesday, so the campsite was a little empty aside from us and few campers scattered all around the grounds. On Thursday we saw a few people staring at showing and by Friday the grounds were full as people were camping for the weekend. Despite how many people came by the campsite was still peaceful and fun.

Ideas

While I was here, I had a few personal comfort ideas. For example, I thought the atmosphere was so great but found myself craving a soda at times and was hopping to find a vending machine somewhere, id even pay a little extra because of the convenience, pay an extra dollar here or drive 40 minutes to the closest store. Another idea was public showers would have been nice as we would take showers all the way in Pendleton, which was fine but what if I woke up and was craving a shower, or maybe a late-night shower. Bathrooms were also a battle because I had made sure to be quick as they were one person bathrooms, and I had to hope whoever went before me was also timing himself.

Wildlife

Ugh absolutely stunning, I finally got to see some deer up close on this trip. The deer were so friendly, and there were no pesky prairie dogs plotting to steal all our food. We also got to see a bear cub a few miles away from camp, which is scary if you think about it too much, but it was also super cute to see.

Overall, I will miss Harris Park and will have to consider a stay if I’m ever in the area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1(PTBR begins)

Day 1 blog (Heritage University)

Day 2 (visiting the Spokane fishery and playing in the dirt)